Tuesday 22 March 2016

Colorful Memories #KhulKeKheloHoli



Good always triumphs over evil ! Celebrating that today & believing it everyday happy Holi! And to the child in you ! A very happy paint fight !!


Happy Holi to all my readers, I know countdown has begun and only two days left for our favourite Colourful festival Holi. We all are waiting desperately to celebrate this festival of the joy & happiness, togetherness of love and most of all celebrating without any Castism and status barrier in mind and heart. Really friends, when we talk about Holi so first thing comes to our minds, are Sweets like Gujiyas, Kachoris , Mixtures and lots more Snacks with Thandai. I remember how my grandmother, mother and aunties all were started  preparing sweets three four days prior to the festival to serve all family friends, relatives  & Guests comes to our home for celebrating Colour of joy.



Let me tell you the history of this festival first, many years back there was a demon King named Hiranyakashyap has the kingdom on earth. He was an egoist person and has so much of egoism about the Kingdoms. He loved to call himself a “God King of the Earth”. If anyone refuses to worship or call him God, he punishes badly so of the fear of losing the life, all people worships him as God. But his son Prince Prahlad  is very brave , bold and deep faithful on Lord Vishnu. King Hiranyakashyap warned so many times to Prince Prahlad that “I am an owner of this Earth, Respect me and worship me as a God”. Prahlad answer was always “I respect you as my father & King of this Kingdom, but my God is only my Lord Vishnu”.  Finally failed  Hiranyakashyap plans to kill Prahlad, for then he calls her Sister Holika, who has the boon to burn anything without hurting herself, whereby she enter the fire with Prahlad sitting on her lap. With the blessings of Lord Vishnu Prahlad came out unhurt from the blazing fire but unfortunately, Holika lost her life.

To celebrating Holika bonfire all children, collect's donation a month prior to the Festival from the nearby house to house. With collected money, children arrange dry wood for the bonfire, Nagada (musical Instrument played with wooden sticks to create music Especially in Holi festival for entertainment and Traditional enjoyment), batashash (sweet dish)and all worship items.



I remember my childhood  days Holi festival when we were waking up early in the morning  and   to arrange bucket coloured water for our Balloons & Pichkari. Amplifier with big sound boxes to play loud music and lots of sweets and homemade snacks to serve the entire guest on the Holi Festival. 



“I’m pledging to #KhulKeKheloHoli this year by sharing my Holi memories at BlogAdda in association with Parachute Advansed.”

                             Stay Tune .... and follow me Facebook Twitter Instagram

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your informative post. I'm maintaining a blog on Why Copper Cookware is So Popular that is related to your topic.

    ReplyDelete

The Philips OneBlade - #TheFutureIsOneBlade

Mumbai, India – Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), a global leader in health technology, today announced the launch of the latest innova...